Sunday, December 28, 2008

My top 10 films of 2008

Very few of these actually came out in 08, but since we don't go out to movies anymore I'm counting the movies I saw for the first time in 2008 on Netflix. We rented 112 this year, (we watched 99 in 2007 and 117 in 2006). My list includes 5 foreign and 5 American. Not bad USA.

Here we go:

1. Das Boot (yep....I was seriously obsessed with German U boats for weeks afterwords--always the sign of a great movie)

2. 51 Birch Street (a documentary this guy made about his folks)

3. How Green Was My Valley (beautiful...touching)

4. Once (simple...sweet...great acting by non-actors)

5. Lars and the Real Girl (one of the best films I've ever seen about grief)

6. Babette's Feast (I could have watched this movie for hours on repeat)

7. Son of Rambow (misspelled on purpose)

8. Bourne Identity (I know!)

9. Eagle Vs. Shark (New Zealand's version of Napoleon Dynamite)

10. Jonestown (Very disturbing documentary about the Jonestown Massacre).

1 comment:

  1. We just watched Lars and the Real Girl, too, and loved it.
    Nice blog, btw ;-)

    ReplyDelete